Extensive research shows that coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils to eat. It is known to help reduce bad cholesterol and assists weight loss. Famous researcher and nutritionist Mary Enig, PhD has long advocated the benefits of coconut oil, claiming that coconut oil is beneficial for both the prevention and treatment of heart disease.
Additionally, coconut oil provides a source of antimicrobial lipid (fats) for individuals with compromised immune systems.
Coconut oil also soothes the intestinal system and has greater solubility in the body than other fats, placing less burden on the liver, pancreas and digestive system as a whole; making it a great option for sufferers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Crohn’s Disease.
Lauric acid is a fatty acid found in large quantities in both coconut oil and mother’s milk, and it possesses strong antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Therefore, the nourishing and protective properties found in mother’s milk can actually be provided for us as adults in coconut oil.
Coconut oil offers:
- Low calories,
- Has virtually no cholesterol, and no dangerous trans-fats common in other vegetable oils.
- Increases the sensitivity of cells to insulin (addressing one of the underlying causes of obesity and diabetes)
- Helps to speed up metabolism, which in turn helps suppress the appetite and burn stored fat.
- Increases energy, regulates thyroid function, boosts the body’s healing mechanisms, and provides a great-tasting alternative to highly processed hydrogenated vegetable oils.
Medium Chain Fatty Acids of Coconut Oil:
- Protect the body from free radicals
- Prevent premature ageing and disease
- Help relieve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Relieve symptoms associated with benign prostate enlargement
- Help control dandruff
- Help relieve skin dryness and flaking
- Reduce symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis
- Help to reduce disease-causing viruses and bacteria in the body
- Kill fungi and yeast that cause candida, thrush, nappy rash, athlete’s foot and ringworm
- Help prevent heart disease, atherosclerosis and stroke
- Boost energy and enhances endurance
- Support tissue healing and repair
- Help protect against osteoporosis
- Support strong bones and teeth by improving calcium and magnesium absorption
Hippocrates Pure Food-Grade Organic Coconut Oil (unbleached, unrefined, unhydrogenated, extra virgin, cold-pressed, undeodorised)is available Click Here