In the past few years, I’ve had an increasing number of young people in their 20s and 30s coming for help with their health. Their stories are frighteningly identical. My clients are amazed because I can predict what happens next in their story. The chronology is as follows and the result is anxiety, depression and lack of confidence. They also have many physical symptoms such as heartburn and yeast overgrowth and are swallowing a closet full of medications.
Here is what can happen in our drug-addicted society, beginning at birth.
- Vaccinations, which contain mercury, aluminum and a host of other toxic components, including live viral particles, given within the first days of birth. And then throughout childhood for a total of thirty-two. When given at the time of a cold or fever, a child’s body is especially not able to handle the toxic load.
- Infant thrush (yeast infection in the mouth) is said to be perfectly normal and antifungal drops are prescribed with no attention to the mother’s diet or the likelihood that she has yeast.
- Diaper rash, caused by Candida albicans (yeast), is mistakenly treated with Cortisone creams, which encourage further growth of the yeast.
- Childhood ear infections can begin at birth as yeast infections picked up from the mother during delivery. Most ear infections are treated with antibiotics.
- Ear infections may become chronic and require multiple courses of antibiotics, leading to diarrhea and intestinal yeast infections. There are body-wide side effects from the dozens of yeast toxins: anxiety, depression, fatigue, irritability, and headaches.
- Young women describe having yeast infections even before puberty, which they’re afraid to tell mother or doctor about.
- Anesthetics used in surgery to place tubes in the ears add another toxin.
- Colic can develop due to antibiotics.
- Inability to digest the lactose in milk, due to an irritated bowel, leads to frequent changes of formula.
- Gas and bloating can result from hard-to-digest soy formula.
- Leaky gut can develop and cause undigested food molecules to be absorbed from the gut into the bloodstream, leading to food allergies and sensitivities. The most common are wheat and dairy.
- Eczema, aggravated by food sensitivity, is suppressed with Cortisone creams. Cortisone encourages yeast growth.
- Asthma is treated with medications including corticosteroid inhalers.
- Multiple colds and “flus” are mistreated with many courses of antibiotics.
- Annual “flu” vaccines contain mercury preservative, which is toxic to the nervous system, and also kills good bacteria, allowing yeast overgrowth.
- Cravings for sweets can be caused by yeast overgrowth, and may cause or aggravate hyperactive behavior in children.
- Dental cavities lead to multiple mercury amalgam fillings. Toxic mercury vapor may be inhaled or absorbed, disrupting enzymes in the brain, kidneys, and liver.
- Allergic reactions are treated with allergy shots, antihistamines, and cortisone sprays.
- Many adolescents take long-term oral antibiotics for acne, leading to yeast overgrowth.
- Many teens and young adults develop mononucleosis, and many never feel quite as healthy again.
- Bladder infections are treated with antibiotics, which cause yeast infections and yeast overgrowth in the intestines.
- Birth control pills cause chronic vaginal yeast infections, which are mistreated with antibiotic creams.
- Pregnancy hormones encourage vaginal yeast infections. Pregnancy itself depletes the mother’s nutrition, as well as the thyroid and the adrenal glands.
- Chronic sleep deprivation is common in all parents of small children, and is a major stress on the immune system.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can develop after a bout of diarrhea (attributed to traveler’s diarrhea or food poisoning), and is usually treated with antibiotics. Or, if already suffering from yeast overgrowth, traveler’s diarrhea is the tipping point to IBS.
- Chronic sinus infections (97% are fungal, according to the Mayo
Clinic) occur due to lowered immune system, and are mistakenly treated with very strong antibiotics.
- Hypothyroidism often occurs (due to pregnancy, yeast toxins blocking receptors, lack of iodine, family history) but remains undiagnosed and untreated.
- Hospitalization for infections or any type of surgery usually warrants intravenous antibiotics and a host of other drugs, which adds to the toxic burden.
- Major colds and “flus” can lead to bronchitis and pneumonia, which are treated with strong antibiotics.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia are treated with anti-inflammatories, sleeping pills, and antidepressants. However, when the cause is a toxic overload, these drugs can make the symptoms worse.
- Environmental allergies, manifesting as extreme sensitivities to perfumes, colognes, household products, pesticides, and molds, are treated with corticosteroid inhalers, which cause more yeast overgrowth.
- Dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, infertility, and worsening premenstrual symptoms occur due to a buildup of toxins and lack of nutrients.
- Infertility is treated with an array of synthetic hormonal drugs, producing babies born with a load of synthetic drug toxins.
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and palpitations are treated with antidepressants, instead of natural methods.
- Menopause is medicated with synthetic hormones.
Body nutrients, including all vitamins and minerals, are depleted in every step of this scenario, and result in a total body burden of drugs, toxins, and various stressors. The end result is an exhausted, nervous, shaky individual who has nowhere to turn and thinks no one can help him/her.
My clients have often consulted with dozens of doctors, but whether it’s an allopathic or a naturopathic doctor, the search is on for the drug or supplement for their symptoms, which proves fruitless. Take another look at this chronology of health to illness, then tell me how on earth a drug or supplement is going to make a dent!
What IS required is a lifestyle change. The first thing to do is to avoid sugar, wheat and dairy.
The second step is to get a good source of magnesium.