Why ride a bicycle?
- Promotes healthier living
- Lowers healthcare costs
- Strengthens family bonds
- Provides recreation outlet for youth
- Builds closer-knit communities
Bicycling is fun for everyone. Millions of Australians – men and women, young and old – enjoy this safe and healthful activity. Anyone can pedal at any pace. Bicycling is gentle and low-impact, making it an enjoyable, pain-free activity for everyone.
- Just three hours of bicycling per week can reduce a person’s risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%.
- There are more bicyclists in Australia than skiers, golfers and tennis players combined.
- Bike paths boost property values.
- Bicycling is an inexpensive, convenient way to stay fit and healthy. A bike is thirty times less expensive to buy and maintain than a car
- Bicycling improves quality of life. It gets you outside, relieves stress, makes you feel better, and creates a way to spend time with family and friends. Best of all, it’s convenient, flexible and free. Whether for recreation, transportation or competition, bicycling offers a lifetime of health and fun.
And if you, like many, don’t enjoy riding against the wind, or up hills? You might wish to install an economical go-anywhere electric motor / battery conversion kit on your existing bicycle. (We love ours!)
For lots more information. See the Hippocrates Diet and Health Program.