Select Page

Dangerous CFL Light Globes

For years we have warned people about the dangers of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs). Governments are forcing these bulbs on us, even though they know that the mercury in them can maim, kill or poison us. This is what prominent American dentist, Paul Genung, DDS, has to say about the dangers of these bulbs:

“The rhetoric in a (pro-CFL) article regarding handling broken light bulbs that contain mercury is balderdash! Having studied mercury carefully for over a quarter of a century and as part of my commitment to “Health-Conscious Dentistry”, I can assure you that, although the advice given in this article sounds carefully thought out”, it is totally inadequate.

I recall an article about a woman who broke one of these while trying to change the light bulb on the ceiling of her daughter’s bedroom. She contacted several “environmental clean-up companies”, and according to the article, the minimum bid for the job was $2000! She ended up taping shut the doorways to the room to “protect” against the mercury spill! I can guarantee you that such an effort has minimal effect. Mercury has the property of passing right through the glass walls of a vessel that it is being “contained” in (see my website — — go to photos. A picture is worth a thousand words). There really is no good way to contain ;mercury unless it is chemically bound. A plastic bag won’t contain the mercury. Sweeping it up will not protect you — it’s just not quite as harmful as the vacuum cleaner method.

It is very difficult to detoxify the human body from mercury poisoning. It is an insidious poison. It is used in over ten thousand manufactured products. However, far and away the most common human exposure to mercury is common dental fillings, thanks to my “enlightened” profession! The exposure from this source exceeds all other sources combined!

When the Roman Legions captured enemy soldiers in battle, often these POWs were sent to the Roman cinnabar mines in Spain (cinnabar is the ore from which mercury is derived). The average life span of these hapless souls, once they started working in the cinnabar mines, was three years! Remember, these were men at the peak of their physical prowess ——- late teens and early twenties — so half of them died before three years. The best and safest way to deal with these light bulbs is NOT to buy them!”

cut foot

Mercury poisoning caused these injuries to a man who stepped on a bulb.

The good news — there are safe light bulbs: light-emitting diodes, known as LEDs. They are more expensive, but they last for years. If you are as concerned about this as we are, we suggest you contact your Federal MP.

Some governments are issuing warnings such as this if a bulb is broken:

cfl-warning-poster bulbgraphMS0501 468x622

We urge you to send this life-saving information to your friends and family.