If you’re looking for some creative inspiration in your life, you might find it in ‘Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative‘.
Its author, Austin Kleon says:
‘You don’t need to be a genius to be successful, you just need to be yourself. Follow your interests wherever they take you. Stay smart, stay out of debt, and risk being boring.’
Kleon, a successful artist, puts forth these ten rules to being creative:
- Steal like an artist – the artist is a collector, nothing is original, nothing is really new
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to make things – make things, then you’ll know yourself
- Write the book you want to read
- Use your hands
- Side projects and hobbies are important
- Do good work, then put it where people can see it
- Geography is no longer our master
- Be boring – it’s the only way to get work done
- Be nice – the world is a small town
- Creativity is subtraction
Lose weight healthfully with Ann Wigmore’s RECIPES FOR LONGER LIFE .