The Pot Book
A Complete Guide to Cannabis: Its Role in Medicine, Politics, Science and Culture
Edited by Julie Holland, MD
Exploring the role of cannabis in medicine, politics, history, and society, The Pot Book is a 551-page compendium of current information and scientific research on marijuana from leading experts, including Lester Grinspoon, M.D., Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Allen St. Pierre (NORML), and Raphael Mechoulam. Also included are interviews with Michael Pollan, Andrew Weil, M.D., and Tommy Chong, as well as with a cannabis dealer and a farmer who grows for the U.S. Government.
Encompassing the broad spectrum of marijuana knowledge from stoner customs to scientific research, this book investigates:
- The top ten myths of marijuana
- Physiological and psychological effects
- Risks — why joints are better than water pipes, and other harm-reduction tips for users
- How humans and cannabis have co-evolved for millennia
- The brain’s cannabis-based neurochemistry
- The complex politics of cannabis law
- Medicinal uses in addressing cancer, AIDS, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, and other illnesses
- Its role in creativity, business, and spirituality
- The complicated world of pot and parenting
As legalization becomes a reality, this book candidly offers necessary facts and authoritative opinions in a society filled with marijuana myths, misconceptions, and stereotypes.
With marijuana legislation making headlines almost daily, The Pot Book’s timing is impeccable. It takes a candid look at all things cannabis from all angles. I recommend this book as a comprehensive must-have guide for any library.” Andrew Weil, MD and bestselling author
Julie Holland, MD is a psychiatrist who specializes in psychopharmacology, and a clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine. An expert on street drugs and intoxication states, she was attending psychiatrist in the Psych ER at Bellevue Hospital for nine years. She regularly appears as an expert on The Today Show, and is editor of Ecstasy:The Complete Guide, and wrote the bestselling Weekends at Bellevue.
BONUS: Your FREE online subscription to daily CANNABIS NEWS.
AS OF 2018, GROWING AND CONSUMING CANNABIS IS STILL ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA. THIS SHAMEFUL STATE OF AFFAIRS WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. LET’S RELEGALIZE NOW!